I am obsessed with face masks. I use one at least 3-4 times a week. They are great way to treat your skin and target certain issues without changing up too much of your skincare routine. Because I use them so often, I have a bunch that I switch out based on what my skin needs. I mainly use masks to control and treat acne, for extra hydration and to detoxify my skin. Here are some of my favorites.
1. Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask, REN - I eyed this mask for a while, read reviews and saw it just about everywhere before I made the plunge and bought it. I like to use this when my skin feels dull and congested. It has a four-fruit acid complex (lactic, glycolic, tartaric, and citric) and papain enzyme that gently exfoliates your skin leaving it glowing and healthy. No matter what my skin is doing, this just makes it better.
2. Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Mask, June Jacobs - This is a fantastic mask when I need to exfoliate my skin. It is said to "digest dead surface cells" and that is exactly what it does. My skin ends up so soft and smooth after using.
3. SuperMud Clearing Treatment, GlamGlow - This is probably one of the best skin clearing masks I have used. When my skin is in bad shape, I like to use this a couple times a week and then drop that down to every other week to maintain. It works extremely well to combat oil and clear skin.
4. Luminizing Black Mask, Boscia - This is another mask that I like to use when my skin is feeling dull and congested, yet this works a bit differently. This is a peel off mask that looks (and feels) almost like black Elmer's glue. You spread it onto your skin, and wait for it to completely dry. Then you peel it off and any dead skin and surface congestion just kind of peels off with it. Think of it as a giant Biore strip for your face.
5. Tea Tree Face Mask, The Body Shop - Tea Tree oil is great for acne prone skin. It is a natural antiseptic and calms red spots. This mask gives an extra dose of tea tree over spot treating with an oil.
6. Drink Up 10 Minute Mask, Origins - This is a great quick 10 minute does of hydration. I like to use this about once a week to keep my skin moisturized and soft. Its also great when my skin is a little extra dry to rid of any dry spots. I also really love the apricot scent of this.
7. ThirtsyMud Hydrating Treatment, GlamGlow - Another fantastic hydrating mask, this can heal my skin when its at its absolute driest I slather it on and can either tissue it off after 10 to 20 minutes, or sleep in it overnight for smooth hydrated skin.
8. Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask, Origins - This is a must have for my acne prone skin. It contains sulfur which helps the body create collagen (which makes your skin younger looking) and calms red irritated skin. It also contains zinc oxide which heals and repairs damaged cell tissues and heal wounds. My skin instantly looks better after using this. It is a great less expensive alternative to the SuperMud.